Earn graduate level credit. Gain confidence today. Apply new teaching methods tomorrow.
Fresno Pacific University offers professional development courses that teach real strategies you can apply immediately. With FPU you’ll meet rigorous curriculum requirements, state certification standards and earn graduate level credit from an accredited university in a convenient online format.
Are you ready to get excited about new strategies for physical education, conditioning and coaching? With Fresno Pacific's movement-supported learning courses you’ll learn effective ways to implement new information into your teaching or coaching plans.
Our physical education courses help you develop the skills needed to most effectively use the strategies outlined. Fresno Pacific helps you take learning a step further. Physical education courses help teachers and coaches with new approaches to both PE classes, physical fitness classes and sports teams with a genuine focus on fresh new ideas.
Teachers and coaches taking these courses will have access to a wealth of practical, useful information, activity ideas and plans for implementation. Teachers and coaches have come away from physical education PD courses with new insight into connections between social, emotional and physical learning along with strategies for working with children at different grade levels and with varying abilities.
Choose your physical education or coaching course. Enroll any time and complete within the next year.
START WITH THESE POPULAR PHYSICAL EDUCATION OR COACHING COURSES
- Teaching Indoor Team Sports
- Teaching Outdoor Team Sports
- Teaching Individual Sports
- Teaching Elementary Physical Education
- Teaching Secondary Physical Education
- SEL through Sports & Physical Education
- Teaching Lifetime Fitness
- Walking for Fitness
- Teaching Golf
- Teaching Tennis
- Teaching Disc Golf
- Teaching Pickleball
- Teaching Badminton
- Active Bodies, Healthy Minds
- Technology in Physical Education
- History and Philosophy of Sport and PE
- Achievement-Based Curriculum for PE
- Spectrum of Teaching Styles for PE
In addition to individual physical education and coaching courses, Fresno Pacific offers a Coaching for Excellence Certificate and a Strength and Conditioning Certificate. As you complete individual courses, explore how these can meet the requirements for either of these certificates.
WHY CHOOSE FPU FOR
- ConvenienceThe convenience of completing courses online allows you to increase your skills while working full time.
- FlexibilityEnroll in the required and elective courses one at a time and take up to an entire year to complete each one. There is no need to visit the Fresno Pacific University Campus.
- SupportFPU has created a supportive online experience. Instructors are available to answer questions, give feedback, and provide guidance.
- AffordabilityPay for each course as you go through the program. There is no need to fund the cost of the certificate upfront.
- ExpertiseCourse instructors at FPU have classroom teaching experience and advanced degrees and are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- SalaryFPU professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Depending on your location, some school districts offer tens of thousands of dollars per year for course units.
Learn FRESH PE and coaching STRATEGIES that you can apply today!
"I loved having the time to complete this course. It helped me get my mind ready to really teach PE."
"I enjoyed this course so much! It gave me a greater love for special needs children. It was not just the "head knowledge" I learned, but the change of heart that I received."
"Teaching Elementary PE was a great course. I was able glean a lot of new teaching strategies that can immediately be applied into the classroom. Overall, a solid course of information."
"Really enjoyed this class. Will definitely help me implement part of a conditioning program for my golf team."