Coaching for Excellence Certificate
EARN A COACHING FOR EXCELLENCE CERTIFICATE – 100% ONLINE
Being a successful coach is an enormous challenge. The expectations of today's coaches are higher than ever. Great coaches are always looking to refresh, retool and recharge their coaching insights, philosophies, and strategies. This certificate includes practical courses designed to meet professional development, continuing education, or re-certification requirements for busy coaches and teachers through online and correspondence formats. The material is presented in a way that is immediately relevant and applicable on the court or in the field.
Coaches who are interested in engaging students in new and fresh ways will not only keep the attention of their teams but will incorporate the newest trends in education. Participants earning a Coaching for Excellence certificate will:
- Network with other coaches, share ideas and gain different teaching insights
- Incorporate new ideas from coursework into their course plans
“This course was excellent and had a lot of information that I will be using as I have just been promoted to a Head Football Coach. I love the example forms that were available.”
- Coach, Missouri
“The course provided an opportunity to reflect and improve upon coaching principles. Great reading selections.”
- Coach, Pennsylvania
BENEFITS OF EARNING AN ONLINE COACHING FOR EXCELLENCE CERTIFICATE
Fresno Pacific University makes continuing education possible for K-14 coaches with busy schedules.
- Online convenience makes it easy to complete your credits and learn at your pace. Advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
- Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course without any need to visit the FPU campus. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the required/elective courses to earn the certificate.
- Instructors are available to give you the individualized support that you need, whether you are looking for an answer to a simple question or general guidance. FPU support does not stop after you finish a course.
- Unlike single-day or weekend workshops, FPU’s certificate dives deeper into technology integration for the classroom and gives time for teacher practice, engagement, and reflection.
- Course instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
How do I get started?
- ATH-937: Winning in the Locker Room (Book Application)
- ATH-933: Coaching Baseball
- ATH-920: Coaching Basketball
- ATH-926: Coaching Cross Country
- ATH-934: Coaching Football
- ATH-927: Coaching Swimming
- ATH-925: Coaching Track and Field
- ATH-940: Coaching Volleyball
- ATH-905: Coaching: Building Character & Sportsmanship
- ATH-907: Coaching: Drugs in Sport
- ATH-901: Coaching: Enhancing Motivation
- ATH-903: Coaching: Leadership and Team Cohesion
- ATH-908: Coaching: The Female Athlete
- ATH-941: Coaching: Work Effectively with Parents
- ATH-900: Successful Fundraising for Athletics
- ATH-930: Applied Sport Psychology for Coaches
- ATH-936: Sports Biomechanics
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete one of the required courses and 4 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.