Science Courses for Teachers
Fresno Pacific University’s 100% online courses offer teachers graduate-level professional development credit as well as knowledge and strategies they can immediately apply in their classrooms. With Fresno Pacific courses, you can meet the rigorous curriculum requirements and certification standards in your state.
Fresno Pacific offers educators access to a variety of exciting, informative science courses that cover a wide range of topics. Science courses for educators help you develop the skills needed to engage and teach students in these important topics, as well as work with them to develop stronger critical-thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Fresno Pacific takes teachers' education to another level. The university’s online professional development courses not only provide topic-related learning, but also strategies for presenting those topics in a diverse, inclusive classroom. Individual courses cover science-related topics in detail. They include science courses from The Great Courses Series such as Life in the World’s Oceans, Science of Extreme Weather, Practical Geology and Botany: Understand the Plant World.
Choose Your Science Course
Enroll anytime and complete within the next year
Start With These Popular Science Courses
- SCI-902 | Classroom Science: Plants
- SCI-903 | Classroom Science: Animals
- SCI-904 | Classroom Science: Human Body
- SCI-905 | Classroom Science: Earth Science
- SCI-907 | Classroom Science: Cells and Genetics
- SCI-909 | Living Systems: Structure and Function
- SCI-910 | Classroom Science: Weather and Water
- SCI-913 | Estuaries: Fragile Coastal Environments
- SCI-915 | Classroom Science: Matter and Energy
- SCI-916 | Monterey Bay: National Marine Sanctuary
- SCI-917 | Astronomy: Our Solar System
- SCI-920 | Classroom Science: Ecology and Pollution
- SCI-922 | Yellowstone: Natural History
- SCI-923 | Yosemite: Sierra Natural History
- SCI-927 | Astronomy: Our Universe
- SCI-928 | Bugs in the Classroom: Entomology For Teachers
- SCI-929 | Virtual Science Labs
- SCI-930 | Life in the World's Oceans (The Great Courses Series)
- SCI-931 | Science of Extreme Weather (The Great Courses Series)
- SCI-932 | Practical Geology (The Great Courses Series)
Earn a Certificate from Fresno Pacific
Educators who earn credits in certain science courses can apply the credit toward earning a certificate from Fresno Pacific University. The Life Science Teaching Certificate requires 15 credits earned in elective courses that focus on life sciences, including courses on plants, animals, the human body and cells and genetics. The Physical Science Teaching Certificate requires 15 credits earned in courses that focus on physical science, including Earth science, weather and water, matter and energy, astronomy and physical science activities.
“This course was VERY relative to my classroom. It was great to be able to take what I was learning and directly implement it. The professor was easy to reach and communicate with. Great class!”
“I really enjoyed this course. You will come away from this course with numerous labs and activities to use in your classroom. Many of the activities include modifications as well, which is extremely helpful. This has been one of the most useful classes I have ever taken and I really enjoyed it.”
Why Choose FPU For
- ConvenienceThe convenience of completing courses online allows you to increase your skills while working full time.
- FlexibilityEnroll in the required and elective courses one at a time and take up to an entire year to complete each one. There is no need to visit the Fresno Pacific University Campus.
- SupportFPU has created a supportive online experience. Instructors are available to answer questions, give feedback, and provide guidance.
- AffordabilityPay for each course as you go through the program. There is no need to fund the cost of the certificate upfront.
- ExpertiseCourse instructors at FPU have classroom teaching experience and advanced degrees and are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- SalaryFPU professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Depending on your location, some school districts offer tens of thousands of dollars per year for course units.