Life Science Teaching Certificate
What is a Life Science Teaching Certificate?
The Life Science Teaching Certificate is designed to equip educators with the necessary knowledge and skills to teach life science effectively at the K-12 level. The courses focus on key topics and concepts in life science such as plants, animals, insects, ecology, marine biology, cells and genetics, and the human body. Participants will learn about the latest teaching strategies and methodologies, and how to incorporate them into their lesson plans. They will also explore the use of technology in teaching life science, including the use of simulations and virtual labs.
Throughout the courses, participants will engage in a variety of activities that will help them develop their teaching skills. Participants will also have the opportunity to develop their own lesson plans and receive feedback from experienced instructors with expertise in science education. By the end of the program, participants will have a solid understanding of the key concepts in life science, as well as the tools and strategies needed to teach these concepts effectively in their own classrooms.
The Life Science Teaching Certificate is ideal for educators who are looking to enhance their knowledge of life science and improve their teaching skills. The program is suitable for those who are new to teaching life science or have years of experience. Participants will gain a deep understanding of the subject matter, as well as the tools and techniques needed to engage and inspire their students. This certificate program is an excellent investment for any educator who is committed to providing their students with the highest quality education possible.
How do I Earn my Life Science Teaching Certificate?
- SCI-902: Classroom Science: Plants
- SCI-903: Classroom Science: Animals
- SCI-904: Classroom Science: Human Body
- SCI-907: Classroom Science: Cells and Genetics
- SCI-909: Living Systems: Structure and Function
- SCI-913: Estuaries: Fragile Coastal Environment
- SCI-916: Monterey Bay: National Marine Sanctuary
- SCI-920: Classroom Science: Ecology and Pollution
- SCI-922: Yellowstone Natural History
- SCI-923: Yosemite: Sierra Natural History
- SCI-928: Bugs in the Classroom
- SCI-929: Virtual Science Labs
- SCI-930: Life in the World’s Oceans (The Great Courses Series)
Benefits of Earning Your Life Science Teaching Certificate – 100% Online
Learn at your pace 100% online and advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the elective courses to earn your certificate.
Instructors are available to give you lifelong individualized support, whether you are a current or previous student.
FPU’s certificate emphasizes the importance of life science and gives time for teachers to practice, engage, and reflect.
Instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and increase your salary. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
How do I Request my Certificate?
- Complete 15 units of elective courses as specified Above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.