Physical Science Teaching Certificate
What is a Physical Science Teaching Certificate?
The Physical Science Teaching Certificate is a comprehensive certificate designed to equip educators with the necessary skills and knowledge to effectively teach physical science to K-12 students. This certificate is ideal for teachers who are seeking to enhance their teaching methods and strategies, as well as gain a deeper understanding of key physical science concepts and topics. The certificate program covers a range of topics related to physical science, including geology, weather, astronomy, matter and energy, motion and forces, and thermodynamics. Participants will also learn how to incorporate hands-on experiments and demonstrations into their teaching to make the subject matter more engaging and memorable for students.
Through a series of courses, participants will have access to experienced instructors and experts in the field of science education who will provide valuable insights and feedback. They will also have opportunities to share resources and best practices for teaching with other educators across the country. Upon completion of the certificate, participants will have a solid foundation in physical science education and be better equipped to inspire their students and help them develop a deeper understanding and appreciation for the subject. Upon completion of the certificate, participants will receive a Physical Science Teaching Certificate which can help them advance professionally in a competitive job market.
How do I Earn my Physical Science Teaching Certificate?
- SCI-900: Physical Science Activities for Primary Grades
- SCI-905: Classroom Science: Earth Science
- SCI-910: Classroom Science: Weather and Water
- SCI-915: Classroom Science: Matter and Energy
- SCI-917: Astronomy: Our Solar System
- SCI-922: Yellowstone Natural History
- SCI-923: Yosemite: Sierra Natural History
- SCI-927: Astronomy: Our Universe
- SCI-929: Virtual Science Labs
- SCI-930: Life in the World’s Oceans (The Great Courses Series)
- SCI-931: Science of Extreme Weather (The Great Courses Series)
- SCI-932: Practical Geology (The Great Courses Series)
Benefits of Earning Your Physical Science Teaching Certificate – 100% Online
Learn at your pace 100% online and advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the elective courses to earn your certificate.
Instructors are available to give you lifelong individualized support, whether you are a current or previous student.
FPU’s certificate emphasizes the importance of physical science and gives time for teachers to practice, engage, and reflect.
Instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and increase your salary. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
How do I Request my Certificate?
- Complete 15 units of elective courses as specified Above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.