Professional Development for Math Teachers
Earn Graduate Level Credit. Expand Your Knowledge and Skills.
Bring Math to Life in the Classroom.
Fresno Pacific University offers professional development courses that teach real skills you can apply in your classroom immediately. With FPU you’ll meet rigorous curriculum requirements, Fresno Pacific University offers professional development courses for math teachers. You’ll meet rigorous curriculum requirements and earn graduate-level credit in a convenient online format. Enhance your passion for math and teaching as you learn math education best practices and concepts you can apply immediately in the classroom.
Develop new skills to engage your students and help inspire a love of math and appreciation for its application in their lives. Our Mathematics Education courses bring a mathematical framework to the world of art, social justice, history, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
You’ll also enhance your pedagogical approach to teaching math, including student assessment, technology in the classroom, algebraic thinking, logic and reasoning, common core math practices, and recreational mathematics.
Understanding mathematical concepts are the foundation for understanding the world. Learn to bring those concepts to life for students of all abilities, talents, and backgrounds.
Popular Math Education Courses
Choose your math education courses. Complete any time within the next year.
- Recreational Math for the Classroom
- Virtual Manipulatives
- Technology - Enhanced Math Learning
- Fostering Math Discussions
- Improving Fluency with Number Talks
- Teaching First Year Algebra
- Rich Math Tasks in the Classroom
- Teach Math to English Language Learners
- Assessing Students' Math Learning (4 - 12)
- Patterns and Prob Solving
- Math Activities: Primary Grades
- Math Activities: Intermediate Grades
- Teaching Math Online
- Great Mathematicians Before 1700
- Great Mathematicians After 1700
- Mathematics for Social Justice
- Developing Algebraic Thinking (6 - 8)
- Organize Learning Environments for Math
In addition to individual mathematics courses, Fresno Pacific offers a Mathematics Teaching Certificate. As you complete individual courses, explore how these can meet the requirements for this certificate.
“I was overwhelmed with a plethora of activities and knowledge from this course to share with both my students in our classroom and with my colleagues. What a fun class."
- Educator, Pennsylvania
“I absolutely loved this course! I was able to make a great portfolio of resources that I will easily be able to bring back to my classroom to use with my students. A very fun and engaging topic that I look forward to incorporating more of into my classroom."
- Educator, Connecticut
WHY CHOOSE FPU FOR
MATHEMATICS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- ConvenienceOnline convenience makes it easy to complete your credits and learn at your convenience. Increase your skills while still working a full-time job.
- FlexibilityEnroll in courses 24/7/365 and take up to an entire year to complete the course without any need to visit the Fresno Pacific University campus.
- SupportExperience FPU’s supportive online environment. Instructors are available to answer questions, give feedback on implemented ideas and provide general guidance.
- ValueUnlike single-day or weekend workshops, FPU’s courses dive deeper into topics and give time for teacher practice, engagement and reflection.
- ExpertiseCourse instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses
- SalaryProfessional development courses help you earn certifications and salary increases. Some districts offer tens of thousands of dollars per year for course units.
"I'm wrapping up my assignments in this awesome class and enjoy reflecting on all that I have learned. Especially ways that teachers can consume much less paper... allowing teachers to access student results anywhere they have a computer rather than toting around a large stack of papers to grade."
"After completing this class, I have more confidence in using Chromebooks with my students. I especially enjoyed being able to develop actual lessons that can be used right away in my classroom. Through this course, I now have lessons that will benefit my students' learning immediately."