Online Teaching Certificate
The Online Teaching Certificate draws on the latest information and research regarding online learning methods, teaching tools, assessment, and best practices for teaching in an online or digital environment. Leverage your background and proficiencies as an educator to become a more effective online teaching professional. The certificate is offered as a sequence of one foundational required course, followed by four elective courses. It is designed for anyone who would like to teach online, whether they do this at a K-12 or community college level.
How do I get started?
Enroll in the required course below and at least four elective courses noted below (at least 15 units total).
- TEC-948: Teaching and Learning Online
- SCI-929: Virtual Science Labs
- TEC-940: Virtual Field Trips
- TEC-942: WebQuests
- TEC-950: Web 2.0 Tools for Classroom
- TEC-957: All Things Google
- TEC-959: Google Drive for Educators
- TEC-960: Internet: Classroom on Wire
- TEC-961: Computer Projects for the Classroom
- TEC-963: Digital Storytelling
- TEC-965: Teaching with Moodle
- TEC-977: Cloud Computing for Educators
- TEC-982: The Flipped Classroom
- TEC-991: Create a Classroom Website
- TEC-996: Google Drive Expanded
- TEC-999: Google Certified Educator Level 1
- TECH-901: Online Formative Assessment
- TECH-902: Teaching with Canvas
- TECH-903: Quiz and Vocabulary Apps for Educators
- TECH-904: Collaboration and Problem-Solving Apps for Educators
- TECH-905: Presentation and Video Apps for Educators
- TECH-907: Teaching Digital Citizenship
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete the required course and at least 4 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.