Online Teaching Certificate
EARN A VALUABLE TEACHING CERTIFICATE & 15 GRADUATE LEVEL CREDITS – 100% ONLINE
The Online Teaching Certificate draws on the latest information and research regarding online learning methods, teaching tools, assessment and best practices for teaching in an online or digital environment. Leverage your background and proficiencies as a K-12 or community college educator to become a more effective online teaching professional. As you complete courses, fill your toolbox with useful ideas, new skills and lesson plans to implement with your students.
The certificate is offered as a sequence of one foundational required course followed by four elective courses. This 15-unit certificate is designed for anyone who would like to teach online.
I enjoyed how this course allowed me to learn about digital storytelling, create my own digital story, incorporate what I've learned into a lesson plan for my own students, and reflect on that lesson. All of the material is relevant to becoming a more effective teacher. Thank you!
-Teacher, Armed Forces AE
All of the materials/activities in this course are highly useful and applicable in the classroom. There are so many tech tools taught and practiced. I plan to use almost all of the tools/resources within my own classroom.
BENEFITS OF TAKING PD COURSES FROM FPU
Fresno Pacific University makes continuing education possible for K-14 educators with a busy schedule. Learn how FPU designs courses with the working teacher in mind.
- You set the pace as online learning makes it easy to complete your credits as your schedule allows. Advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
- Enroll in courses anytime and take up to a year to complete each course without any need to visit the FPU campus.
- Instructors are available to give you the individualized support that you need, whether you are looking for an answer to a simple question or general guidance.
- Unlike single-day or weekend workshops, FPU’s courses dive deeper into specific topics and give time for teacher practice, engagement, and reflection.
- Course instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- A professional certificate may lead to a salary increase. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
ONLINE TEACHING CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
The first step is to enroll in the required course listed below. Once the required course is completed, take any four of the elective courses listed to earn the required 15 PD units.
- TEC-948N: Teaching and Learning Online
- EDU-958: Distance Learning Playbook: Book Application
- SCI-929: Virtual Science Labs
- TEC-940: Virtual Field Trips
- TEC-942: WebQuests
- TEC-950: Web 2.0 Tools for Classroom
- TEC-957: All Things Google
- TEC-959: Google Drive for Educators
- TEC-960: Internet: Classroom on Wire
- TEC-961: Computer Projects for the Classroom
- TEC-963: Digital Storytelling
- TEC-965: Teaching with Moodle
- TEC-977: Cloud Computing for Educators
- TEC-982: The Flipped Classroom
- TEC-991: Create a Classroom Website
- TEC-996: Google Drive Expanded
- TEC-999: Google Certified Educator Level 1
- TECH-901: Online Formative Assessment
- TECH-902: Teaching with Canvas
- TECH-903: Quiz and Vocabulary Apps for Educators
- TECH-904: Collaboration and Problem-Solving Apps for Educators
- TECH-905: Presentation and Video Apps for Educators
- TECH-907: Teaching Digital Citizenship
- TECH-910: Technology Tools for Teaching Online
HOW DO I GET A COPY OF MY ONLINE TEACHING CERTIFICATE?
Once you complete the required and elective courses, please complete and submit the Application for Continuing Education Certificate to the Fresno Pacific University Continuing Education Department. Once we verify your completion, FPU will send you your official certificate and add your certificate to your FPU transcript.