English Language Arts Courses
Fresno Pacific University offers professional development courses that teach real strategies you can apply immediately. With FPU you’ll meet rigorous curriculum requirements, state certification standards and earn graduate level credit in a convenient online format.
You’ll learn from other ELA instructors who stay current on educational learning through professional development, conferences and readings. That’s why teachers who complete these courses are excited for new, exciting yet practical strategies for teaching English/language arts lessons. Our instructors understand the classroom environment and the importance of leaving a PD course with real plans for incorporating fresh ideas.
The FPU instructors incorporate videos, readings, discussions and/or projects into your courses and teachers appreciate the thought-provoking instruction that goes beyond what you get from a typical continuing education course.
At Fresno Pacific we are a group of instructional experts who learn from one another. FPU students rely on our expertise and our level of support via tools in the online classroom, emails and even phone calls. Many find our online courses more valuable and interactive than many face-to-face PD courses they attended.
Choose Your English Language Arts Course
Enroll anytime and complete within the next year
Start with These Popular English Language Arts (ELA) Courses
- ELA-902 | Developmental Reading Methods and Activities
- ELA-905 | Make Meaning with Vocabulary Instruction
- ELA-907N | Finding the Balance in Early Literacy
- ELA-912 | Developing Adolescent Readers & Writers
- ELA-913 | Teaching Writing
- ELA-914 | Reel Reading: Film and Literacy
- ELA-915 | Teaching Grammar in Context
- ELA-917 | Poetry in English Classroom (7 - 12)
- ELA-918N | Writing with Mentor Texts
- ELA-919 | Achieving English Language Learners' Fluency
- ELA-921 | Content Comprehension: Helping Students Read & Understand
- ELA-922 | Media Literacy
- ELA-923 | Teaching Literary Elements (6 - 12)
- ELA-924 | Documentaries and Nonfiction
- ELA-927 | Essential Strategies for Understanding in ELA
- ELA-928 | Close Reading Strategies (4-12)
- ELA-929 | Picture Book Power (PreK-3)
- ELA-930 | Successful Independent Reading (4-12)
- ELA-931 | Teaching Graphic Novels (5-12)
- ELA-932 | Multicultural Literature & Teaching
In addition to individual english language arts courses, Fresno Pacific offers a English Language Arts Teaching Certificate. As you complete individual courses, explore how these can meet the requirements for a certificate.
"Very practical class. Lots of learning activities given as a resource to teachers.”
“I am so glad I chose this class! I have never felt more confident in my approach to writing instruction. This course offers a variety of practical teaching strategies and classroom procedures that can be adapted to fit any situation. It is so refreshing to have a professional development experience that I truly feel will improve my teaching tomorrow!"
"Excellent course for elementary teachers especially in the primary grades! I was able to gain insight and ideas to incorporate poetry in a fun, meaningful way to benefit my students. I will be using the material and ideas that I completed for the assignments. The instructor is very helpful with timely feedback."
Why Choose FPU For
- ConvenienceThe convenience of completing courses online allows you to increase your skills while working full time.
- FlexibilityEnroll in the required and elective courses one at a time and take up to an entire year to complete each one. There is no need to visit the Fresno Pacific University Campus.
- SupportFPU has created a supportive online experience. Instructors are available to answer questions, give feedback, and provide guidance.
- AffordabilityPay for each course as you go through the program. There is no need to fund the cost of the certificate upfront.
- ExpertiseCourse instructors at FPU have classroom teaching experience and advanced degrees and are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- SalaryFPU professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Depending on your location, some school districts offer tens of thousands of dollars per year for course units.