Photography for Teachers
- 3 Credits
About Photography for Teachers?
Learn to easily make the most of your photography. Most modern cameras offer a wide range of possibilities beyond 'Auto' or 'Program' mode. This class will help you explore how you can realize your camera's potential while creating impressive photos.
No prerequisite skills required other than a desire to take their photography to the next level. Students will need a computer and access to a digital camera (Not a phone camera). If it has interchangeable lenses, it will be fine. Even some pocket cameras can shoot in RAW format.
What Resources Will an Educator Learn/Use During This Course?
- How to maximize the camera equipment they already own. Most people that buy a digital camera never use any other function other than Program or Auto and then wonder why their pictures look poor?
- Editing photos in RAW format using free software or the software they already own.
- Lessons rich with content for every learning style, including screencasts developed by the instructor.
What Benefits Will Educators Walk Away with After Taking This Course?
- A significantly developed appreciation and understanding of the basics of photography including what all those camera knobs and buttons are for.
- New skills in High Dynamic Resolution (HDR) photography and panoramic photos.
- High-speed photography, low light photography and, photo composition.
- Four independent projects that they can tailor to meet their personal growth needs or incorporate into their classroom the very next day.
Why Should an Educator Take This Course?
- Instruction is provided by an instructor with a very high unmoderated rating.
- The instructor provides quick responses to student questions, which he encourages his students to ask questions before beginning to get frustrated.
- There is a great deal of flexibility built into each lesson, allowing each student to adapt each lesson to their personal and classroom needs.
- This course values the concept that all teachers and students do not have pockets full of money to spend on hardware and software. Additionally, all the software used in the course is free/open source. This allows students to learn the same skills at home without any expense.