YouTube for Teachers
What is YouTube for teachers?
YouTube for teachers is a comprehensive online course in which educators will learn how to supplement lessons in the classroom, virtually or both. YouTube is a powerhouse in the digital world and this course will help educators apply that same level of power to their instruction. Learn how to harness and apply this free powerful instructional tool.
“This course opened my eyes to a variety of video/recording options to engage the students which make for an interesting classroom environment. I learned more than I expected from this course. My instructor was attentive and flexible to the needs of the student. I would highly recommend this course.”
– Educator, Pennsylvania
“This course was very helpful and applicable to teaching. I gained new skills for using the YouTube platform that will help enhance the learning and engagement of my students in my music classroom. My instructor was always available for assistance and feedback, which is so important in an online course! Thank you!”
What will I learn in this course?
All of YouTube's powerful, yet easy to implement tools will be covered, providing you with the knowledge to teach like a pro and effectively communicate video content with your students, whether it is an existing video, something you created, or even a multi-cam live stream.
You will learn:
- The history of YouTube and the laws surrounding the application
- How to create your own channel and playlist
- How to create and upload videos
- Video editing
- Adding elements to your video
- Analyze video delivery effectiveness via YouTube Analytics
- And much more!
Learn by doing!
Educators, learn to use YouTube and all its features to implement concepts into your classroom with hands-on assignments and instructor feedback.
- Make your own screen-recorded video and upload it to YouTube
- Create and upload a smartphone video
- Navigate YouTube Studio and video editing
- Create a hyperlinked table of contents
- Add cards and an end screen
- Embed Your YouTube videos into a page
This course is applicable towards the Classroom Technology Integration Certificate.