STEM Courses For Teachers
Earn Graduate Level Credit. Gain Confidence.Learn how to engage students and inspire STEM learning in your classroom.
Fresno Pacific University offers professional development for STEM teachers that includes strategies you can immediately apply in the classroom. With FPU professional development courses, you’ll meet rigorous curriculum requirements and state certification standards while earning graduate-level credit in a convenient online format.
Are you ready to get excited about new strategies for inspiring STEM learning in the classroom? FPU offers professional development for STEM teachers that allows you to explore the rationale and strategies for selecting, planning, implementing and assessing lessons that develop STEM disciplines in your students.
Fresno STEM courses allow teachers to reflect on strategies in their own classroom, as well as network with other teachers to share and evaluate research, resources, lessons and strategies. They will complete these courses with a better understanding of current research that supports integrating STEM into lessons, as well as the best practices for designing those lessons.
Educators not only learn how to implement tools and strategies for engaging students in meaningful integrated STEM investigations, but also some of the tools they can use in their lessons. They include Makerspace, Scratch and Tinkercad.
Popular STEM Courses
Choose your self-paced STEM course. Complete any time within the next year.
- Inspire STEM Learning
- Coding in the Classroom
- Makerspace: Technology and Tinkering
- SketchUp for Schools
- Think Like an Engineer
- Teaching With Scratch
- 3D Printing for Teachers
- Teaching With Tinkercad
- Teaching Robotics: An Introduction
- School Gardening
- STEAM-Propelled Learning
- Developing Data-Literate Students
- Inventions that Changed the World
- Squishy Circuits
In addition to taking individual courses, educators can choose to complete one required course and four STEM-related elective courses to earn a STEM Teaching Certificate from Fresno Pacific University.
“This was an exciting course that helped me progress in my knowledge of the best way to incorporate STEM in my classroom.”
- Educator, California
“Excellent course! I learned a lot about implementing STEM lessons into my classroom.”
- Educator, Pennsylvania
“This is one of the best classes I have taken in a while! It can be adapted to all grade levels. If we teach using the STEM approaches, we will challenge students, create problem solvers and higher level thinkers.”
- Educator, Western Australia
WHY CHOOSE FPU FOR
STEM PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- ConvenienceThe convenience of completing courses online allows you to increase your skills while working full time.
- AffordabilityPay for each course separately. No long-term commitment.
- FlexibilityEnroll in courses 24/7/365 and take up to one year to complete each course. There is no need to visit a Fresno Pacific University campus.
- ExpertiseCourse instructors at FPU have classroom teaching experience and advanced degrees and are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- SupportFPU has created a supportive online experience. Instructors are available to answer questions, give feedback and provide guidance.
- SalaryFPU professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Depending on your location, some school districts offer tens of thousands of dollars per year for course units.
"I'm wrapping up my assignments in this awesome class and enjoy reflecting on all that I have learned. Especially ways that teachers can consume much less paper... allowing teachers to access student results anywhere they have a computer rather than toting around a large stack of papers to grade."
"After completing this class, I have more confidence in using Chromebooks with my students. I especially enjoyed being able to develop actual lessons that can be used right away in my classroom. Through this course, I now have lessons that will benefit my students' learning immediately."