Computer Projects for the Classroom
What is the Computer Projects for Your Classroom course?
Computer Projects for Your Classroom is a professional development course for educators that emphasizes the practical uses of technology in classroom curriculum. Teachers will learn methods for conducting research to find resources specific to their students' curricular needs. Whether teaching kindergartners or seniors in high school, participants will come away with new inspirations. Resources include over 100 online links to lesson plans and lesson ideas specially selected to inspire participants to create their own lessons.
Who is the Computer Projects for Your Classroom online course for?
Computer Projects for Your Classroom is designed for K-12 teachers and curriculum developers to explore multiple resources to assist them in developing practical lessons that involve the use of computers. This course will help educators use technology as a tool of instruction with interesting and relevant lessons to students. The resources provided will encourage out of the box lesson planning that will inspire and increase student engagement.
What will you learn in this online PD course?
Students in the Computer Projects for Your Classroom course will learn methods on how to research to find resources to cover various classroom subjects and grade levels. After completing the course, students will be able to:
- Create a resource of projects using technology to help improve student academic achievement
- Develop and create technology lessons centered on the applicable subjects
- Identify, evaluate, and use resources for further study in the area of technology
- Use technology to make teaching and learning more efficient, exciting, and educational
- Plan, teach and monitor student-centered learning projects and lessons in which students apply technology tools and resources
- Facilitate students' use of technology that addresses their social needs and cultural identity
“This course allowed me to reflect on lessons I already teach and find ideas to revise and revisit them to incorporate more technology in meaningful ways. It was also great because it helped me to find new ideas and strategies that can help my students be better students using technology. The instructor was so helpful and prompt with feedback! Thank you!”