What is a Digital Innovator Certificate?
The Digital Innovator Certificate will provide teachers with resources and ideas to integrate technology into their classrooms, often the next day! Learn to use Google tools, Apple and other technology while building a skill-set based on the 4 C's of education. Fresno Pacific University Continuing Education has partnered with some of the most energetic, innovative educational thinkers available to teach the courses and workshops provided through this certificate program. The instructors include Apple Distinguished Educators, Google Certified Innovators, and veteran CUE Rock Star Faculty members. The Digital Innovator instruction provides the best access to state-of-the-art tools and mindsets for 1:1, Edtech and PBL styled learning.
The next cohort will be announced in 2020.
Highlights of the Online Certificate Program
- Graduate-level certificate
- Finish in only 5 months
- 6 required courses (9 units) and 6 additional units of CE electives
- Long list of elective courses fit your specific classroom needs
The registration price of $2,772 covers the 6 required courses and 11 workshops, for a total of 9 units. An additional 6 units of electives are registered and paid for separately at a discounted price of $400* per 3-unit course. *Cohort members may email email@example.com after registering for an elective course to obtain the discount.
A payment plan option is available; email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
What technology do I need to take the program?
Participants must have access to an iPad, Android or other tablets. The tablet is not included in the registration price.
How do I get started?
Your first step is to register for the Digital Innovator Certificate program which includes the 6 required courses (EDTEC 900-905) listed below. After you have completed the EDTEC 900 - Introduction to Digital Innovator, you may register separately for 2-3 elective courses (at least 6 units) from the elective courses list below.
- EDU-932: Kahoot! in the Classroom
- EDUC-914: Differentiate with Technology
- STEM-901: Coding in the Classroom
- STEM-902: Makerspace: Technology and Tinkering
- STEM-903: SketchUp: 3D Modeling for Educators
- STEM-904: Teaching Robotic: An Introduction
- STEM-906: Teaching with Scratch
- TEC-950: Web 2.0 Tools for the Classroom
- TEC-957: All Things Google
- TEC-959: Google Drive for Educators
- TEC-962: Google Earth & Maps in the Classroom
- TEC-965: Teach with Moodle
- TEC-966: Project-Based Learning Using Technology
- TEC-973: Data-Driven Decision Making for Teachers
- TEC-977: Cloud Computing for Educators
- TEC-978: Twitter for Educators
- TEC-982: The Flipped Classroom
- TEC-988: Pinterest for Teachers
- TEC-991: Create a Classroom Website
- TEC-993: CCSS Tech for Success
- TEC-996: Google Drive Expanded
- TEC-997: Digital Imaging: Open Source
- TEC-998: Digital Photography: Open Source
- TEC-999: Google Certified Educator Level 1
- TECH-900: All Things Video: Open Source
- TECH-901: Formative! for Innovative Educators
- TECH-902: Teaching with Canvas
- TECH-903: Quiz and Vocabulary Apps for Educators
- TECH-904: Collaboration & Problem Solving Apps for Educators
- TECH-905: Presentation & Video Apps for Educators
- TECH-906: Teaching with Immersive Technologies
- TECH-907: Teaching Digital Citizenship
How do I obtain my certificate?
- Complete the Digital Innovator Certificate program which includes 6 required courses and 3-4 elective courses.
- Click to download the application form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of at least 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant’s transcript.
NOTE: These courses do not fulfill the computer requirements for the California Clear Credential.