Curriculum Design and Assessment Certificate
Online Curriculum Design PD Certificate for Educators
The Curriculum Design and Assessment Certificate prepares educators with the latest curriculum development tools and resources essential for designing, implementing and assessing curricula for 21st-century learners.
This online professional development program provides educators with a broad foundation of knowledge and skills, allowing them to engage learners in authentic inquiry and a pattern of lifelong learning vital in a complex, rapidly evolving society.
- Research the fundamentals of human learning and its application in the learning process.
- Learn instructional strategies that facilitate an inspirational learning environment.
- Gain competence and confidence in the latest educational technologies and data-driven decision-making.
- Explore the core characteristics that embody great teachers and their tireless motivation to serve society through education.
Earning this certificate empowers educators to excel in curriculum development, allowing them an opportunity to design learning pathways for the 21st century.
How Do I Earn My Curriculum Design and Assessment Certificate?
- EDU-959: Curriculum Design & Differentiation
- EDU-956: Performance Assessment Strategies
- EDU-960: Differentiate with Technology
- EDU-961: Develop New Courses for 21st Century
- EDU-966: Rubrics: Good for Students, Good for Teachers
- EDU-930: Student-Centered Learning
- EDU-924: Instructional Strategies to Inspire Learning
- EDU-908: Portfolios in the Classroom
- EDUC-917: Teaching with Your Strengths
- EDUC-934: Enhancing Executive Function
- TEC-973N: Data-Driven Decision Making for Educators
Benefits of Earning a Curriculum Design and Assessment Certificate
Some of the benefits participants enjoy include:
- Learn at your own pace. This 100% online certificate allows you to advance your knowledge and skills while working a full-time job.
- Enroll in individual courses any time and take up to an entire year to complete. There is no time limit for completing the required and elective courses to earn your certificate.
- All current and previous students have lifelong access to instructors for individual support.
- The FPU certificate emphasizes the critical importance of curriculum design and assessment and gives time for teacher practice, engagement and reflection.
- FPU course instructors are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees. They are committed to developing engaging courses.
- Professional development courses can lead to certifications and increased salaries—some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses. The Curriculum Design and Assessment Certificate can open up new career opportunities that help lead the future of education.
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete at least 15 units of elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.
“A well-rounded, relevant and current exploration into curriculum design for the purpose of differentiation! A great program.”
“I found this format to be very user friendly. The instructors provided feedback in a timely manner and that feedback was very informative and helpful. The information provided is very empowering and useful in the classroom.”