Special Education Law and Ethics
What is Special Education Law and Ethics?
Special Education Law and Ethics studies the legal rights of both students and parents and your responsibilities as a special education teacher. Special education laws provide educators with important guidance for implementing special education programming. The online professional development (PD) course helps fill in knowledge gaps for many teachers who do not know or understand the breadth of legal rights and ethical considerations.
Why Should You Take a Special Education Law and Ethics Course?
Completing this PD course will give you critical knowledge of the Council for Exceptional Education Children’s Code of Ethics, CEC Standards, strategies for teaching students with disabilities in inclusive classrooms, the history of ethical considerations in special education, legal and ethical concerns related to privacy and more. Students will also understand cultural considerations that may be in conflict with special education law and how to address those cultural needs while aligning with the law.
What will Learn in this Course?
- Analyze laws and litigation relating to special education and individuals with special needs at the state and national level
- Apply the Code of Ethics of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Analyze the history of ethical considerations in the provision of special education and related services and social support services for persons with exceptionalities in the USA
- Discuss the legal and ethical issues related to privacy issues of students with exceptionalities
Why Choose Fresno Pacific for Professional Development Courses?
Teachers in ALL STATES can benefit from Fresno Pacific’s engaging online courses taught by instructors highly qualified in the field of study. Students can continue can earn individual professional development credits or apply them to the Exceptional Children Certificate.
- Fully online coursework
- Self-paced courses
- Accredited university
- Complete anytime within one year of registration
- Share solutions with other teaching professionals through discussion forums