Art in the Classroom Certificate
What is an Art in the Classroom Certificate?
The Art in the Classroom Certificate is a comprehensive program designed to help teachers enhance their skills and knowledge in the field of art education. This certificate provides teachers with the latest techniques, best practices, and innovative teaching strategies that they can use to engage and motivate their students. The courses in the certificate cover a range of topics, including art history, contemporary art, visual culture, drawing and watercolor techniques, and critical thinking, among others. Through this certificate, teachers can develop their pedagogical skills, expand their knowledge of art materials and techniques, and enhance their ability to foster creativity and self-expression among their students.
The Art in the Classroom Certificate is ideal for teachers who are looking to expand their knowledge and skills in the field of art education. This certificate is designed for teachers who want to deepen their understanding of art education and improve their teaching practice and integrate art into their curriculum. Through this certificate, participants will gain the necessary knowledge and skills to create effective lesson plans, design engaging and inspiring art projects, and facilitate meaningful discussions about art and culture in the classroom.
The certificate is earned through a series of online courses, allowing participants to learn at their own pace and on their own schedule. The program is taught by experienced artists, art educators and industry professionals, who provide valuable insights and feedback to help participants improve their teaching practice. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive an Art in the Classroom Certificate, which can help them advance their career and demonstrate their commitment to professional growth and development.
How do I Earn my Art in the Classroom Certificate?
- ART-900: Drawing Magic
- ART-901: Bulletin Boards & Room Environments
- ART-902: Magic of Paper
- ART-903: Building Self Esteem Through Elementary Art
- ART-904: Ideas to Draw From
- ART-905: Watercolor Sketching for Students
- ART-906: Drawing for Perceptual-Cognitive Development
- ART-907: Teaching Observational Drawing
- ART-908: Understanding Great Art (The Great Courses Series)
- ART-909: In the Footsteps of Vincent van Gogh (The Great Courses Series)
- ART-910: Post-Impressionism: The Beginning of Modern Art (The Great Courses Series)
Benefits of Earning Your Art in the Classroom Certificate – 100% Online
Learn at your pace 100% online and advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the elective courses to earn your certificate.
Instructors are available to give you lifelong individualized support, whether you are a current or previous student.
FPU’s certificate emphasizes the importance of art and gives time for teachers to practice, engage, and reflect.
Instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and increase your salary. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
How do I Request my Certificate?
- Complete 15 units of elective courses as specified Above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.