Student Engagement Certificate
Who is the Student Engagement Certificate for?
The Student Engagement Certificate is for educators looking to make a positive impact on their classroom by learning best practices for engaging their students and displaying strong classroom management skills. The skills and knowledge educators will learn throughout the online certificate program will not only be a valuable asset to their career as a teacher, but the knowledge can be immediately implemented within the classroom as they learn.
What is the Student Engagement Certificate?
The Student Engagement Certificate addresses a wide variety of skills and techniques that teachers use to keep students organized, orderly, focused, attentive, on task, and academically productive throughout the day. Learn how to minimize behaviors that hinder learning for not only individual students but for the class as a whole, while maximizing the behaviors that facilitate or enhance learning. Having an engaged classroom will allow for more effective classroom management, as well as motivate students to continue learning and succeed academically in the long run.
“Loved this course! The courses taught me so many strategies I can use with my students and for myself! Everyone should take this program.”
– Educator, Ohio
“It was a great online program. I definitely learned a lot throughout the courses and the assignments were easy to understand. The expectations were clear and there was always clear and informed feedback from the professor.”
– Educator, California
How do I Earn my Student Engagement Certificate?
- EDU-900: Engaging All Students Through Cooperative Learning
- EDU-902: Curriculum Games for the Primary Grades
- EDU-903: Curriculum Games for the Intermediate Grades
- EDU-924: Instructional Strategies to Inspire Learning
- EDU-929N: Real-World Authentic Learning
- EDU-930: Student-Centered Learning
- EDU-932: Kahoot! in the Classroom
- EDU-938: Teach Like a Pirate (Book Application)
- EDU-939: Teach Like Finland (Book Application)
- EDU-941: Sprinkle Theatre into Core Subjects (K-5)
- EDU-945: Gamification in the Classroom
- EDU-946: Shake Up Learning (Book Application)
- EDU-962: Playful Learning: Putting Play to Work in the Classroom
- EDU-963: Making Thinking Visible
- EDU-966: Rubrics: Good for Students, Good for Teachers
- EDUC-910: Teacher Efficacy
- EDUC-911: Rethinking Homework
- EDUC-913: Engage Students to Achieve Results
- EDUC-917: Teach with Your Strengths
- EDUC-922: Understand Student Communication
- MAT-915: Recreational Math for the Classroom
- MAT-929: Fostering Math Discussions
- TECH-911: Teaching with Nearpod
- TECH-913: The Interactive Class (Book Application)
Benefits of Earning an Online Student Engagement Certificate
Learn at your pace 100% online and advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course online. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the elective courses to earn your certificate.
Instructors are available to give you lifelong individualized support, whether you are a current or previous student.
FPU’s certificate emphasizes the importance of student engagement in the classroom and gives time for teacher practice, engagement, and reflection.
Instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and increase your salary. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
How do I Request my Certificate?
- Complete at least 15 units of elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.