STEM Teaching Certificate
EARN A POWERFUL CREDENTIAL & 15 GRADUATE LEVEL CREDITS – 100% ONLINE
The STEM Teaching Certificate provides K-14 educators with an opportunity to expand their skills and methods for engaging students in rich, powerful STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) learning experiences. The certificate focuses on an interdisciplinary approach to teaching where STEM-related concepts are coupled with real-world situations. Through standards-based courses, teachers will learn how to inspire students to think critically and apply mathematics, science, and engineering to solve everyday problems. These online professional development courses integrate concepts that are usually taught as separate subjects and emphasize the application of knowledge. Teachers encouraged to network with a wider teaching community of educators from all over the country as they share and evaluate research, resources, lessons, and strategies.
"This class had so much information to help me get started with STEM projects. I learned there are many ways to be successful and engage students."
-Teacher, New York
"I learned a lot about STEM and myself as a teacher. I've learned strategies that will definitely give more opportunities for my students, now and in the future, to learn the skills they will need to be better prepared for the 21st century!"
BENEFITS OF TAKING PD COURSES FROM FPU
Fresno Pacific University makes continuing education possible for K-14 educators with a busy schedule. Learn how FPU designs courses with the working teacher in mind.
- Online convenience makes it easy to complete your credits and learn at your pace. Advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
- Enroll in courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course without any need to visit the FPU campus.
- Instructors are available to give you the individualized support that you need, whether you are looking for an answer to a simple question or general guidance. FPU support does not stop after you finish a course.
- Unlike single-day or weekend workshops, FPU’s courses dive deeper into specific topics and give time for teacher practice, engagement, and reflection.
- Course instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
STEM TEACHING CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
The first step is to enroll in the required course listed below. Once the required course is completed, complete any four of the elective courses listed.
- STEM-900: Inspire STEM Learning
- STEM-901: Coding in the Classroom
- STEM-902: Makerspace: Technology and Tinkering
- STEM-903: Sketchup for Teachers
- STEM-904: Teaching Robotics: An Introduction
- STEM-905: Think Like an Engineer
- STEM-906: Teaching with Scratch
- STEM-907: STEAM-Propelled Learning
- STEM-908: Developing Data-Literate Students
- STEM-909: 3D Printing for Teachers
- STEM-910: Teaching with Tinkercad
- STEM-911: Squishy Circuits
How do I obtain My STEM Teaching Certificate?
Once you complete the required and elective courses, please fill out and submit the Application for Continuing Education Certificate to the Fresno Pacific University Continuing Education Department.
After we verify your completion of the 15 PD units, FPU will send you your official certificate and add your certificate to your FPU transcript.