STEM Teaching Certificate
This certificate provides K-14 educators with an opportunity to expand their skills and methods for engaging students in rich, powerful STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) learning experiences. The certificate focuses on an interdisciplinary approach to teaching where STEM-related concepts are coupled with real-world situations. Through standards-based courses, teachers will learn how to inspire students to think critically and apply science, technology, engineering, and mathematics to solve everyday problems. They integrate concepts that are usually taught as separate subjects and emphasize the application of knowledge.
How do I get started?
Enroll in the required course below and the four elective courses noted below.
- STEM-900: Inspire STEM Learning
- STEM-901: Coding in the Classroom
- STEM-902: Makerspace: Technology and Tinkering
- STEM-903: Sketchup for Teachers
- STEM-904: Teaching Robotics: An Introduction
- STEM-905: Think Like an Engineer
- STEM-906: Teaching with Scratch
- STEM-907: STEAM-Propelled Learning
- STEM-908: Developing Data-Literate Students
- STEM-909: 3D Printing for Teachers
- STEM-910: Teaching with Tinkercad
How do I obtain the STEM Teaching Certificate?
- Complete the required course and 4 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.