Social Emotional Learning Certificate
Social emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults understand and manage emotions, set and achieve positive goals, feel and show empathy for others, establish and maintain positive relationships, and make responsible decisions. This certificate is designed to help you create supportive classroom environments and programs using evidence-based and age-appropriate strategies. You will learn the best techniques for building collaborative partnerships with families, students, and the larger educational community, to ensure your students are getting the care and support they need.
How do I get started?
- ECE-902: Guidance in Social / Emotional Behavior
- EDU-947: Hillbilly Elegy (Book Application)
- EDU-948: Helping Children Succeed (Book Application)
- EDU-950: Whole-Brain Child (Book Application)
- EDU-951: Lost at School (Book Application)
- EDU-952: Grit: Passion & Perseverance (Book Application)
- EDU-955: Teaching Empathy: The Human Experience and Process Drama
- EDUC-902: Addressing Bullying and Aggression for SEL
- EDUC-929: Trauma-Informed Teaching
- EDUC-930: Cultural Intelligence in Education
- EDUC-935: Helping Students Cope with Grief & Loss
- PED-922: Social Emotional Learning through Sport and PE
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete the required course and at least 4-5 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.