Restorative Strategies for the Classroom Certificate
What is the Restorative Strategies for the Classroom Certificate?
What if there was an alternative approach instead of using punitive discipline? Restorative Strategies for the Classroom Certificate is for teachers and administrators alike to utilize techniques to reduce behavioral problems within the classroom. Become equipped with the tools to provide invaluable communication skills and conflict resolution strategies for students to apply and use for years to come. Transform difficult challenges into relationship-building opportunities.
“The courses were excellent. The ideas were real and practicable. I have already adopted some of the strategies in our classroom and have seen positive change. It provides many ways to positively reinforce all relationships. Communication, respect and strength of community can do so much for change. We know better...now we do better!” - Educator, California
“Good information presented in the certificate courses! This should be a required class for all undergrad education.” - Educator, Ohio
Who is Restorative Strategies for the Classroom Certificate for?
Restorative Strategies for the Classroom Certificate is not just for teachers but for school administrators and the school as a whole! Adaptable to the needs of the school, the content learned in the online restorative strategies certificate program can be adapted to the needs of the staff and students alike. As an alternative to punitive discipline, educators learn ways to create open communication and a safe environment for everyone involved.
Looking for Proven Solutions?
Fill your tool belt with Restorative Strategies! Overcome challenging behaviors and attitudes using proven tools and strategies that students will carry with them for the rest of their lives. Transform difficult challenges into relationship building opportunities. Fresno Pacific University offers training for the classroom teacher, school administrators, or the entire school and can be adapted to your specific needs. Four delivery formats available to meet your needs (Blended Training, Online Training, Face-to-Face Training, and Individual Consultation)
How do I get started?
Required Courses (select 2 courses):
- EDUC-915N: Classroom Restorative Discipline
- EDUC-921: PBIS: Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support
- EDUC-926: Positive Discipline in the Classroom
BENEFITS OF EARNING RESTORATIVE STRATEGIES FOR THE CLASSROOM CERTIFICATE
- Learn at your pace 100% online and advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
- Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course online. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the required/elective courses to earn your certificate.
- Instructors are available to give you lifelong individualized support, whether you are a current or previous student.
- FPU’s certificate emphasizes the importance of restorative strategies in the classroom and gives time for teacher practice, engagement, and reflection.
- Course instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and increase your salary. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
How do I obtain my certificate?
- Complete two of the required courses and 3-4 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.