Literature Appreciation Certificate
The Literature Appreciation Certificate is designed for teachers who want to develop the skills needed to inspire, motivate, and develop the minds of students to see beyond the words in a book. This certificate gives teachers the ability to turn stories about books or pieces of literature, into applied knowledge and relatable information for students to use throughout their lives. Fresno Pacific University’s literature courses and certificate provide the knowledge to effectively analyze, discuss and teach literary analysis in the classroom.
Those enrolled in the Literature Appreciation Certificate will benefit from a wide selection of courses that feature a diverse array of writers and genres. Each course in the certificate is flexible and designed to help you develop best practices tailored specifically to your school setting.
“I love that this class is self-paced. I was able to work during my summer break and finish right before school started. The workload is challenging and thought-provoking but also maintainable for busy mothers who are getting children ready for back to school, and themselves.”
“I have taken several courses and love the content of each one I have taken. Professors provide valuable feedback to help me be the best educator. Thank you for all you do in encouraging us all.”
BENEFITS OF EARNING AN ONLINE EARLY LITERATURE APPRECIATION CERTIFICATE
- Learn 100% online at your own pace and advance your skills while teaching full-time.
- Start any of the individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course online. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the required/elective courses to earn your certificate.
- Whether you are a current or previous student, course instructors are available to give you individualized support.
- FPU’s certificate courses take a deeper dive into literature-specific topics and emphasize time for teacher practice, engagement, and reflection.
- Course instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Depending on the school district, some even offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- LIT-901: Short Stories from American Literature
- LIT-902: The American Novel
- LIT-903: Hispanic Literature: Gary Soto
- LIT-904: Children’s Literature
- LIT-905: Folktale from Around the World
- LIT-906: British Novels
- LIT-907: Short Stories from Around the World
- LIT-908: Poetry for Children
- LIT-909: Fantasy Literature
- LIT-910: The Young Adult Novel
- LIT-912: African Folktales
- LIT-913: Teaching Shakespeare
- LIT-914: American Drama
- LIT-915: Holocaust Fiction
- LIT-916: Russian Literature: The Brothers Karamazov
- LIT-917: The Life and Works of Jane Austen (The Great Courses Series)
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete at least 15 units of elective courses listed above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.