Literature Appreciation Certificate
English teachers don't just tell stories about books or pieces of literature; they turn them into applied knowledge and relatable information for their students to use throughout their lives. The Literature Appreciation Certificate is designed for teachers who want to develop the skills needed to inspire, motivate, and develop the minds of students to see beyond the words in a book. Our literature courses and certificate provide the knowledge to effectively analyze, discuss and teach literary analysis in the classroom. Whether you are looking to earn a few graduate level units or the complete certificate, you'll benefit from a wide selection of courses that feature a diverse array of writers and genres. Each course in the certificate is flexible and designed to help you develop best practices tailored specifically to your school setting.
How do I get started?
- LIT-901: Short Stories from American Literature
- LIT-902: Studies in the American Novel
- LIT-903: Hispanic Literature: Gary Soto
- LIT-904: Children’s Literature
- LIT-905: Folktale from Around the World
- LIT-906: British Novels
- LIT-907: Short Stories from Around the World
- LIT-908: Poetry for Children
- LIT-909: Fantasy Literature
- LIT-910: The Young Adult Novel
- LIT-912: African Folktales
- LIT-913: Teaching Shakespeare
- LIT-914: American Drama
- LIT-915: Holocaust Fiction
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete at least 15 units of elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.