Early Childhood Education Certificate
COMPLETE YOUR EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION CERTIFICATE – 100% ONLINE
The Early Childhood Education Certificate is designed to help educators to fully understand the growth and development of children – from birth through eight years of age. Since children are driven by a natural curiosity and determination, it makes them the perfect learners. Teachers can harness this curiosity and leverage their love of learning by understanding the developmental changes that accompany childhood and guide their students as they explore new areas of life.
The Early Childhood Education Certificate consists of five courses that provide a strong foundation in theory and practices, focused on the total environment of the child. Students who complete this certificate will be able to address the unique needs of young children, including those with exceptionalities and special needs.
Please note that this certificate is not equivalent to a credential.
“I am very thankful for taking this course. I learned valuable information that will help me as I continue teaching Transitional Kindergarten. It's very easy to use Moodle and I'm glad we have access to all the resources right on each module. Thank you!”
“I enjoyed and learned a lot from the information in this course. I especially enjoyed the connecting the developmental assets to children's literature.”
BENEFITS OF EARNING AN ONLINE EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION CERTIFICATE
Continuing education is made possible for K-14 educators with busy schedules through Fresno Pacific University Continuing Education. Earning an online certificate is possible for the working teacher due to the benefits outlined below.
Learn at your pace 100% online and advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course online. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the required/elective courses to earn your certificate.
Instructors are available to give you lifelong individualized support, whether you are a current or previous student.
FPU’s certificate emphasizes the importance of early childhood education for the classroom and gives time for teacher practice, engagement, and reflection.
Course instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION CERTIFICATE REQUIRED AND ELECTIVE COURSES
- ECE-901: Observation / Assessment of Young Children
- ECE-902: Guidance in Social / Emotional Behavior
- ECE-903: Differentiated Instruction: Young Learner
- ECE-904: Inclusion of Children with Exceptionalities
- ECE-905: Science for Young Learners
- ECE-906: Early Literacy and Core Standards
- ECE-907: Parents as Partners in Early Childhood
- ECE-911: Counting and Other Early Math Skills
HOW DO I OBTAIN MY EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION CERTIFICATE?
- Complete the required course and at least 4 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.