Early Childhood Education Certificate
Children are driven by a natural curiosity and determination that makes them perfect learners. Teachers learn how to harness this curiosity and leverage their intrinsic love of learning. They understand the developmental changes that accompany childhood and guide their students as they explore new areas of life. The Early Childhood Education Certificate is designed to help you fully understand the growth and development of children – from birth through eight years of age. Our experienced instructors provide a strong foundation in theory and practice, focused on the total environment of the child. You’ll learn to address the unique needs of young children, including those with exceptionalities and special needs.
How do I get started?
- ECE-901: Observation / Assessment of Young Children
- ECE-902: Guidance in Social / Emotional Behavior
- ECE-903: Differentiated Instruction: Young Learner
- ECE-904: Inclusion of Children with Exceptionalities
- ECE-905: Science for Young Learners
- ECE-906: Early Literacy and Core Standards
- ECE-907: Parents as Partners in Early Childhood
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete the required course and at least 4 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.