Coaching for Excellence Certificate
Great coaches are always looking to refresh, retool and recharge their coaching insights, philosophies, and strategies. This certificate includes practical courses designed to meet the professional development, continuing education, or re-certification requirements for busy coaches and teachers through online and correspondence formats. The material is presented in a way that is immediately relevant and applicable on the court or in the field.
How do I get started?
Enroll in one of the required course (two versions available) and your choice of any four elective courses noted below.
- ATH 933: Coaching Baseball
- ATH 920: Coaching Basketball
- ATH 926: Coaching Cross Country
- ATH 934: Coaching Football
- ATH 927: Coaching Swimming
- ATH 925: Coaching Track and Field
- ATH 905: Coaching: Building Character & Sportsmanship
- ATH 907: Coaching: Drugs in Sport
- ATH 901: Coaching: Enhancing Motivation
- ATH 903: Coaching: Leadership and Team Cohesion
- ATH 908: Coaching: The Female Athlete
- ATH 900: Sports Marketing and Fund Raising
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete one of the required courses and 4 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.