Technology Skills for Educators Certificate
What Is the Technology Skills For Educators Certificate?
Technology is a key part of every modern classroom. The Technology Skill for Educators Certificate offers educators the chance to earn professional development credits while building stronger skills in a wide variety of education-related tech tools and strategies. They learn how to successfully engage students in technology-rich educational environments.
Who Is the Technology Skills For Educators Certificate For?
Teachers and administrators alike can benefit from the knowledge and skills offered through the 24 courses available in the Technology Skills for Educators Certificate. Once they complete the 15 credits needed to obtain the certificate, educators receive documentation of the certification on their transcript, as well as a letter of certification written to the principal or superintendent in the participant’s school district.
“This was a great course. I was challenged to analyze current technology in our district and plan for the future.” Educator, Oh
“This was a very informative class. I enjoyed and will use the elements of digital storytelling that I learned and plan to integrate more digital storytelling into my units.” Educator, Nevada
How Do I Obtain the Technology Skills For Educators Certificate?
Enroll in four or five elective courses (15 credits total) to complete the certificate program.
- TEC-911: Comprehensive Technology Use Planning
- TEC-915: Computer Graphics for Teachers
- TEC-920: Word: The Ultimate Writing Tool
- TEC-921: Excel: The Ultimate Information Tool
- TEC-922: PowerPoint: Powerful Presentations
- TEC-923: Introduction to Computers for Teachers
- TEC-924: Communicating with Microsoft Publisher
- TEC-925: Advanced Computer Graphics: Photoshop, Bryce & Poser
- TEC-940: Virtual Field Trips: Taking and Making
- TEC-954: Interactive Whiteboards: Smart Boards
- TEC-955: OpenOffice.org for Teachers
- TEC-958: Photoshop for Teachers
- TEC-963: Digital Storytelling
- TEC-965: Teach with Moodle
- TEC-973N: Data-Driven Decision Making for Educators
- TEC-985: Document Cameras: Enhanced Lessons
- TEC-990: iCloud: Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- TEC-997: Photo Editing with GIMP
- TEC-998: Photography for Teachers
- TEC-999: Google Certified Educator Level 1
- TECH-900: Video Editing: HitFilm Express
- TECH-902: Teaching with Canvas
- TECH-908: Online Photo Editing for Chromebooks
- TECH-912: Paint and Draw for Chromebooks
Benefits of Earning an Online Technology Skills for Educators Certificate
Convenience. Earning an educational technology certificate online allows you to learn at your own pace and advance your skills while still working full-time.
Flexibility. Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to a year to complete each course online. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the courses to earn your certificate.
Support. Instructors are available to give you lifelong individualized support, whether you are a current or previous student.
Value. FPU’s certificate program focuses on the value of technology in the classroom and methods for teachers to develop both the skills and knowledge to put them to use.
Expertise. Course instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
Salary. Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and increase your salary. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
HOW DO I OBTAIN THE CERTIFICATE?
- Complete the required course and at least 4-5 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.