Technology Skills for Educators Certificate
The Technology Skills for Educators Certificate is designed to encourage educators to explore and develop skill-based proficiency in a wide variety of educational technologies. Successful completion of this certificate is documented on the participant’s transcript and includes a letter of certification addressed to the principal or superintendent of the participant's school district. Additional technology courses are currently being developed and will be added to this certificate as they become available.
How do I get started?
- TEC-911: Comprehensive Technology Use Planning
- TEC-915: Computer Graphics for Teachers
- TEC-920: Word: The Ultimate Writing Tool
- TEC-921: Excel: The Ultimate Information Tool
- TEC-922: PowerPoint: Powerful Presentations
- TEC-923: Introduction to Computers for Teachers
- TEC-924: Communicating with Microsoft Publisher
- TEC-925: Advanced Computer Graphics: Photoshop, Bryce & Poser
- TEC-940: Virtual Field Trips: Taking and Making
- TEC-954: Interactive Whiteboards: Smart Boards
- TEC-955: OpenOffice.org for Teachers
- TEC-958: Photoshop for Teachers
- TEC-963: Digital Storytelling: Photo Story 3
- TEC-965: Teach with Moodle
- TEC-973N: Data-Driven Decision Making for Educators
- TEC-985: Document Cameras: Enhanced Lessons
- TEC-990: iCloud: Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- TEC-997: Photo Editing with GIMP
- TEC-998: Photography for Teachers
- TEC-999: Google Certified Educator Level 1
- TECH-900: Video Editing: HitFilm Express
- TECH-902: Teaching with Canvas
- TECH-908: Online Photo Editing for Chromebooks
- TECH-912: Paint and Draw for Chromebooks
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete 15 units of elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.