English Language Arts Teaching Certificate
What is an English / Language Arts Teaching Certificate?
The English/Language Arts Teaching Certificate is designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of educators who are already teaching or planning to teach English/Language Arts in K-14 settings. The certificate focuses on providing educators with the tools and resources they need to develop engaging and effective instructional practices that can help their students become proficient in English reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
The courses cover a range of topics, including language acquisition and development, literacy instruction, grammar and vocabulary, and critical thinking skills. They also include modules on how to differentiate instruction for diverse learners, how to use technology to enhance instruction, and how to assess student learning. The certificate is delivered through online courses that are designed to provide educators with practical strategies and best practices they can use in their classrooms.
Upon completion of the program, participants will have developed a deeper understanding of effective instructional practices for teaching English/Language Arts, gained practical experience in applying those practices, and earned a professional development certificate that can enhance their career prospects. The certificate is a testament to the educator's commitment to ongoing professional growth and development, and it can help them stand out in a competitive job market. Ultimately, the program aims to empower educators to help their students become confident, skilled communicators who are well-prepared for academic and professional success.
How do I Earn my English / Language Arts Teaching Certificate?
- ELA-902: Developmental Reading Methods and Activities
- ELA-905: Make Meaning with Vocabulary Instruction
- ELA-907N: Finding the Balance in Early Literacy
- ELA-912: Developing Adolescent Readers and Writers
- ELA-913: Teaching Writing
- ELA-914: Reel Reading: Film and Literacy
- ELA-915: Teaching Grammar in Context
- ELA-916: Expanding Content Literacy
- ELA-917: Poetry in the English Classroom (7-12)
- ELA-918N: Writing with Mentor Texts
- ELA-919: Achieving ELL Fluency
- ELA-921: Content Comprehension: Helping Students Read and Understand
- ELA-922: Media Literacy
- ELA-923: Teaching Literary Elements (6-12)
- ELA-924: Documentaries and Nonfiction
- ELA-927: Essential Strategies for Understanding in ELA
- ELA-928: Close Reading Strategies (4-12)
- ELA-929: Picture Book Power (PreK-3)
- ELA-930: Successful Independent Reading (4-12)
- ELA-931: Teaching Graphic Novels (5-12)
- ELA-932: Multicultural Literature and Teaching
Benefits of Earning Your English / Language Arts Teaching Certificate – 100% Online
Learn at your pace 100% online and advance your skills while still working a full-time job.
Enroll in individual courses anytime and take up to an entire year to complete each course. There is no time limit on when you need to complete all the elective courses to earn your certificate.
Instructors are available to give you lifelong individualized support, whether you are a current or previous student.
FPU’s certificate emphasizes the importance of ELA teaching and gives time for teachers to practice, engage, and reflect.
Instructors at FPU are veteran teachers with classroom experience and advanced degrees who are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
Professional development courses can help you earn certifications and increase your salary. Some districts offer thousands of dollars per year for taking courses.
How do I Request my Certificate?
- Complete 15 units of elective courses as specified Above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.