Book Application Courses for Teachers
Fresno Pacific University offers professional development courses that teach real strategies you can apply in your classroom immediately. With FPU you’ll meet rigorous curriculum requirements, state certification standards and earn graduate level credit in a convenient online format.
Are you ready to get excited about diving into important works from authors who offer effective, current classroom strategies? Reading a book is one thing. Studying the concepts and effective ways to implement the information learned is a valuable skill.
Our book application courses help you develop those skills needed to most effectively use the outlined strategies in your classroom. Fresno Pacific helps you take learning a step further. Book application courses help teachers work through the book’s content and create action and lesson plans that help you make REAL practical use of the content learned.
Book application courses are Fresno Pacific’s only professional development courses that are offered as 1-or 2- unit options, making these topics a great option for teachers who need that one last unit. Although offered in an asynchronous online classroom environment, instructors and teachers interact via engaging technology.
Choose Your book application course
Enroll anytime and complete within the next year
Start With These Popular Book Application Courses
- EDU-958 | Distance Learning Playbook
- EDU-957 | Creating Innovators
- EDU-944 | Creative Schools
- EDU-952 | Grit: Passion & Perseverance
- EDU-948 | Helping Children Succeed
- EDU-947 | Hillbilly Elegy
- EDU-951 | Lost at School
- EDU-946 | Shake Up Learning
- EDU-938 | Teach Like a Pirate
- EDU-939 | Teach Like Finland
- EDU-950 | Whole-Brain Child
- EDUC-932 | Brainstorm: The Power of the Teenage Brain
- TECH-913 | The Interactive Class
- ATH-937 | Winning in the Locker Room
In addition to individual courses, Fresno Pacific University offers certificates in subject areas such as technology, digital innovation, STEM teaching and more. As you complete individual courses, explore how these can meet the requirements for a certificate.
“This truly was a pleasant surprise for a 1-unit course. I could not put the book down and the assignments in the course helped me digest and apply the concepts. This is a great course for a veteran teacher to re-ignite the passion for your teaching career or for new teachers, giving them the tools necessary to start off on the right foot. I will highly recommend this course to anyone in the teaching profession.”
“This course was so much fun. The book is an easy read with some GREAT strategies. The assignments are relevant, and the workload is manageable. If you are looking for a course to re-ignite your passion this course is for you!!”
“This course is a must for anyone who teaches students experiencing the effects of living in poverty. I am starting my new year with behavior management strategies that are designed to help establish a safe classroom climate.”
Why Choose FPU For
- ConvenienceThe convenience of completing courses online allows you to increase your skills while working full time.
- FlexibilityEnroll in the required and elective courses one at a time and take up to an entire year to complete each one. There is no need to visit the Fresno Pacific University Campus.
- SupportFPU has created a supportive online experience. Instructors are available to answer questions, give feedback, and provide guidance.
- AffordabilityPay for each course as you go through the program. There is no need to fund the cost of the certificate upfront.
- ExpertiseCourse instructors at FPU have classroom teaching experience and advanced degrees and are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- SalaryFPU professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Depending on your location, some school districts offer tens of thousands of dollars per year for course units.