Continuing Education Courses for Teachers
Earn graduate-level credit. Gain confidence today. Apply new teaching methods tomorrow.
Fresno Pacific University offers professional development courses that teach real strategies you can apply immediately. With FPU you’ll meet rigorous curriculum requirements, state certification standards and earn accredited graduate-level credit in a convenient online format.
Our CE courses offer real information and tools that you can take back to the classroom. FPU’s expert staff supports teachers through engaging content, prompt feedback and support even after you have completed the course.
All instructors have earned a master’s degree or higher and bring current classroom experience to their courses, creating content that today’s elementary, middle and high school teachers can lean on to build their own expertise. You’ll earn graduate-level professional development credits to maintain your licensure or increase your salary.
We offer an extensive list of engaging courses in subjects such as social and emotional learning (SEL), book application, ELA, math, technology and PE. And at FPU we’re always adding new courses and content for teachers who want to stay current with the latest research and trends. Check back often for new course titles.
Choose Your CE Course. Complete anytime within the next year.
START WITH THESE POPULAR NEW CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES
- The Industrial Revoluation (the Great Courses Series) - SOC-989
- Adam - God's Beloved: Book Application
- In the Footsteps of Vincent van Gogh (the Great Courses Series) - ART-909
- Russian Literature: The Brothers Karamazov - LIT-916
- History of the CIA (The Great Courses Series) - SOC-987
- Inclusion to Belonging - SED-908
- Special Education Assessment Process - SED-909
- Data Driven Decision-Making For Educators - TEC-973N
- Counting & Other Early Math Skills - ECE-911
- Creating a Bitmoji Classroom - TECH-917
In addition to individual courses, Fresno Pacific University offers certificates in subject areas such as technology, digital innovation, STEM teaching and more. As you complete individual courses, explore how these can meet the requirements for a certificate.
WHY CHOOSE FPU FOR
- ConvenienceThe convenience of completing courses online allows you to increase your skills while working full time.
- FlexibilityEnroll in the required and elective courses one at a time and take up to an entire year to complete each one. There is no need to visit the Fresno Pacific University Campus.
- SupportFPU has created a supportive online experience. Instructors are available to answer questions, give feedback, and provide guidance.
- AffordabilityPay for each course as you go through the program. There is no need to fund the cost of the certificate upfront.
- ExpertiseCourse instructors at FPU have classroom teaching experience and advanced degrees and are instrumental in the development of engaging courses.
- SalaryFPU professional development courses can help you earn certifications and salary increases. Depending on your location, some school districts offer tens of thousands of dollars per year for course units.
“I have been teaching for 13 years and this class helped me to slow down and reflect on my practices to improve student comprehension. Upon completing the course, I feel refreshed and rejuvenated.”
“I really enjoyed taking this class. The material is well organized with a balance of articles, videos and written assignments.”
“I have a class set of Chromebooks to use for a few hours each day. I now have so many new ideas of what I can use them for with my students this next school year. I cannot wait!”
“This class has given me lots of ideas and resources to make my Algebra 1 class better and more dynamic. I have used a lot of the ideas already and my students are more engaged in math because of them.”