Technology Skills for Educators Certificate
The Technology Skills for Educators Certificate is designed to encourage educators to explore and develop skill-based proficiency in a wide variety of educational technologies. Successful completion of this certificate is documented on the participant’s transcript and includes a letter of certification addressed to the principal or superintendent of the participant's school district. Additional technology courses are currently being developed and will be added to this certificate as they become available.
How do I get started?
- TEC 910: Internet: A Course of Exploration
- TEC 911: Comprehensive Technology Use Planning
- TEC 915: Computer Graphics for Teachers
- TEC 920: Word - The Ultimate Writing Tool
- TEC 921: Excel - The Ultimate Information Tool
- TEC 922: PowerPoint: Powerful Presentations
- TEC 922a: PowerPoint: Powerful Presentations
- TEC 923: Introduction to Computers for Teachers
- TEC 924: Communicating with Microsoft Publisher
- TEC 925: Advanced Computer Graphics: Photoshop, Bryce & Poser
- TEC 931: Video Production: iMovie
- TEC 931P: Video Production: Adobe Premier Elements
- TEC 940: Virtual Field Trips: Taking and Making
- TEC 948: Teaching and Learning Online
- TEC 954: Interactive Whiteboards: Smart Boards
- TEC 955: OpenOffice.org for Teachers
- TEC 958: Photoshop for Teachers
- TEC 963: Digital Storytelling: Photo Story 3
- TEC 965: Teach with Moodle
- TEC 973: Data-Driven Decision Making for Teachers
- TEC 985: Document Cameras: Enhanced Lessons
- TEC 987: Create Digital Books with iBooks Author
- TEC 990: iCloud: Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- TEC 997: Digital Imaging: Open Source
- TEC 998: Digital Photography: Open Source
- TEC 999: Google Certified Educator Level 1
- TECH 900: All Things Video: Open Source
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete 15 units of elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.