Doers Institute ~ Summer 2020
In his best seller, The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren described the critical role doers play in modern society: “We need people of action and a bias for achievement.” The Doers Institute is an open learning forum where participants explore the challenges facing those who are called to be "doers of the word, and not hearers only" (James 1:22).
This course is designed for classroom instructors, educational professionals, program managers, project directors, and seasoned administrators who wish to pursue an advanced understanding of how doers and those who supervise, instruct or work alongside them develop the mutual understanding and clarity of purpose they need in order to succeed.
- Answers to the doers dilemma and how best to navigate through or around undesirable situations are set forth in a stimulating and insightful manner.
- How to guide creative talent toward constructive ends both in an out of the classroom is explained with a simple clarity that enlightens and encourages.
- A strategic framework upon which to base future-focused career decisions, identify appropriate ways to carry them out, and forecast the consequences is provided.
- The Behavioral Profile will help participants identify and understand which of their natural tendencies align with those of a Doer and how to put them to good use.
- Practical advice and easy to implement strategies from Doers: The Vital Few Who Get Things Done, by Dr. Tom E Jones, are included as a learning resource.
I learned how to look at a problem from various points of view and how to go about solving the problem in a systematic way.”
This course provided me with a great deal of information on how to be a leader in my school. It also provided the supports and steps necessary to change workplace culture for the better.”
I cannot thank Dr. Jones enough for his words of encouragement, his inspiration and most importantly the knowledge he passed on to us.”
Highlights of the Summer Doers Institute
- 3-day Summer Program
- 1 Unit of Continuing Education Graduate Credit
- Learn alongside fellow teachers with similar challenges
- Learn from highly qualified instructors with experience in both K-12 and higher education
- Practical advice and easy to implement strategies from the author of Doers: The Vital Few Who Get Things Done
- Lunch will be provided each day
Logistics of the Summer Doers Institute
- June 15-17, 2020 | 9:00a-2:00p | FPU Main Campus WEC 132
- Cost: $300 | Register Now (spots are limited)
Pathway to Helping Doers Succeed in School
After completing the Doers Institute, you will receive one unit of Continuing Education graduate credit.