Digital Innovator Certificate
The Digital Innovator Certificate will provide teachers with resources and ideas to integrate technology into their classrooms, often the next day! They will use Google tools and other technology while building a skill-set based on the 4 C's of education. The registration for this graduate-level certificate program covers 5 required courses. An additional nine units of FPU CE electives are needed for the certificate. The next cohort will start in November 2019.
Fresno Pacific University Continuing Education has partnered with some of the most energetic, innovative educational thinkers available to teach the courses in this certificate program. The instructors include Apple Distinguished Educators, Google Certified Innovators, and veteran CUE Rock Star Faculty members. The Digital Innovator instruction provides the best access to state-of-the-art tools and mindsets for 1:1, Edtech and PBL styled learning.
The registration price of $1550 covers the 5 required courses noted below. An additional nine units of electives are registered and paid for separately. Participants must have access to an iPad, Android, or other tablets. The tablet is not included in the registration price.
How do I get started?
Register for the Digital Innovator Certificate program (TECH 1000) which includes the 5 Required Courses (CITEC 900-905) below. After you have completed the CITEC 900 - Introduction to Digital Innovator course, you may register separately for 3-4 elective courses (at least 9 units) from the Elective Courses list below.
- EDU 932: Kahoot! in the Classroom
- EDUC 914: Differentiate with Technology
- STEM 901: Coding in the Classroom
- STEM 902: Makerspace: Technology and Tinkering
- STEM 903: SketchUp: 3D Modeling for Educators
- STEM 904: Teaching Robotic: An Introduction
- TEC 950: Web 2.0 Tools for the Classroom
- TEC 957: All Things Google
- TEC 959: Google Drive for Educators
- TEC 962: Google Earth & Maps in the Classroom
- TEC 965: Teach with Moodle
- TEC 966: Project-Based Learning Using Technology
- TEC 973: Data-Driven Decision Making for Teachers
- TEC 977: Cloud Computing for Educators
- TEC 978: Twitter for Educators
- TEC 982: The Flipped Classroom
- TEC 988: Pinterest for Teachers
- TEC 991: Create a Classroom Website
- TEC 993: CCSS Tech for Success
- TEC 996: Google Drive Expanded
- TEC 997: Digital Imaging: Open Source
- TEC 998: Digital Photography: Open Source
- TEC 999: Google Certified Educator Level 1
- TECH 900: All Things Video: Open Source
- TECH 901: Formative! for Innovative Educators
- TECH 902: Teaching with Canvas
- TECH 903: Quiz and Vocabulary Apps for Educators
- TECH 904: Collaboration & Problem Solving Apps for Educators
- TECH 905: Presentation & Video Apps for Educators
- TECH 906: Teaching with Immersive Technologies
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete the Digital Innovator Certificate program which includes 5 required courses and 3-4 elective courses.
- Click to download the application form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of at least 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant’s transcript.
NOTE: These courses do not fulfill the computer requirements for the California Clear Credential.