Coaching for Excellence Certificate
Great coaches are always looking to refresh, retool and recharge their coaching insights, philosophies, and strategies. This certificate includes practical courses designed to meet the professional development, continuing education, or re-certification requirements for busy coaches and teachers through online and correspondence formats. The material is presented in a way that is immediately relevant and applicable on the court or in the field.
How do I get started?
Enroll in the required course below and at least four elective courses noted below (at least 15 units total).
- ATH-933: Coaching Baseball
- ATH-920: Coaching Basketball
- ATH-926: Coaching Cross Country
- ATH-934: Coaching Football
- ATH-927: Coaching Swimming
- ATH-925: Coaching Track and Field
- ATH-905: Coaching: Building Character & Sportsmanship
- ATH-907: Coaching: Drugs in Sport
- ATH-901: Coaching: Enhancing Motivation
- ATH-908: Coaching: The Female Athlete
- ATH-936: Sports Biomechanics
- ATH-900: Successful Fundraising for Athletics
How do I obtain the certificate?
- Complete one of the required courses and 4 elective courses as specified above.
- Click to download the application form.
- Return completed application form to CE office, as stated on the form.
- Upon receipt of the completed application form, and verification of successful completion of the 15 units, the certificate is awarded and posted to the participant's transcript.