Brain-Based Learning Institute ~ Summer 2020
Our Brain-Based Learning Institute is designed for K-12 teachers interested in the integration of strategies to optimize teaching and learning. Understand what it is, why it matters and how to apply practices in the classroom that strengthen memory pathways, increase student engagement, deepen learning and increase long-term retention and transfer of information for ALL learners. You’ll receive 3 units of Continuing Education graduate credit.
Participants will learn Sprenger's 7 memory-building steps and apply a variety of instructional strategies to increase use of memory pathways, deepen learning and increase retention of information. Attention will be given to the academic needs of the Second Language Learner, influence of poverty on learning and Sprenger's brain research. Common Core State Standards embedded in reference material and assignments will serve as a springboard for students in the development of important life-long, student independent learning skills and Career and College Readiness (CCR).
June 22-26, 2020 ~ $365
Highlights of the Summer Brain-Based Learning Institute
- 1-week Summer Program
- 3 Units of Continuing Education Graduate Credit
- Learn alongside fellow teachers with similar challenges
- Practical advice and easy to implement strategies
- Learn from highly qualified instructors with K-12 experience
- Lunch will be provided each day
Logistics of the Summer Brain-Based Learning Institute
- June 22-26, 2020 | 9:00a-2:00p | FPU Main Campus NOH 125
- Cost: $365 | Register Now (spots are limited)